May 20, 2020
The Construction Leadership Council has published (19 May 2020) an updated Site Operating Procedures – SOP v4 – which replaces SOP v3, which is now withdrawn.
The updated guidance is here:
The SOP has been amended to reflect the technical changes made in the recently published Working safely during coronavirus (COVID-19) in construction and other outdoor work and includes the following:
· Updated date and version number
· Updated links and key wording on social distancing to align with latest Government guidance
· All references to PHE updated to Government at the request of PHE
· Updated Government wording on when to travel to work from the Government’s Recovery Strategy
· Point included on one way systems to align with latest Government guidance
· Updated to include use of portable toilets
· Updated to state that risk assessments should be shared with the workforce to align with latest Government guidance
· Removal of reference to 15 mins or less where possible to align with latest Government guidance
· Updated PPE section to align with, and link to, latest Government guidance
It is important to note that this is effectively a technical upgrade to conform with the latest government guidance.