The BDA simply wants to be the best in supporting the needs, activities and ambitions of its membership. Our aims and objectives are outlined below:
- Improve efficiency, health & safety awareness and standards in the industry
- Promote and support scientific research into drilling techniques
- Promote and support the training and education of any personnel involved in the drilling industry including drilling operatives, supervisors, apprentices and engineers
- Promote and support the establishment of new and relevant standardisation
- Establish and improve Codes of Practice
- Liaise with Government bodies and Institutions
- Disseminate information to interested parties
- Compile relevant statistical support
- To collaborate with other related associations both in the UK and abroad to advance our industry.
- Promote the industry
- Promote BDA members as exemplars
The BDA sets out to achieve the above through a very varied programme which includes regular full and sub committee meetings; industry one day seminars; daily contact with its membership and others, and a very pro-active approach.