Aims & Objectives
BDA Aims and Objectives
The drilling industry is not for the faint hearted or the unambitious. It breeds and attracts individuals who want to move forward and achieve success. Recognising and achieving change is a central commitment of the BDA membership.
The BDA simply wants to be the best in supporting the needs, activities and ambitions of its membership. Our aims and objectives are outlined below:
- Improve efficiency, health & safety awareness and standards in the industry
- Promote and support scientific research into drilling techniques
- Promote and support the training and education of any personnel involved in the drilling industry including drilling operatives, supervisors, apprentices and engineers
- Promote and support the establishment of new and relevant standardisation
- Establish and improve Codes of Practice
- Liaise with Government bodies and Institutions
- Disseminate information to interested parties
- Compile relevant statistical support
- To collaborate with other related associations both in the UK and abroad to advance our industry.
- Promote the industry
- Promote BDA members as exemplars
The BDA sets out to achieve the above through a very varied programme which includes regular full and sub committee meetings; industry one day seminars; daily contact with its membership and others, and a very pro-active approach.